Dear Parents & Students,
Just some quick reminders about band camp starting tomorrow:
- Students should bring a sack lunch each day. We will take a lunch break from 11-12.
- We will begin at 7am each day on the band practice pad (located next to the baseball field)
- After August 1st, students are required to have a physical on file. If they do not have a physical on file, they are still responsible for attending all rehearsals but will have to sit out when we are working on marching. I have attached the physical form we are required to use if you still need to take care of this.
- Required equipment EACH day for band:
- Athletic Shoes
- Cool, lightweight clothing (no long pants)
- Camelbak (these will be distributed to new members at the beginning of our 1st rehearsal)
- Pencil (inside rehearsals only… at first)
- Recommended equipment for outside rehearsals:
- Students will be required to bring a flip folder with all their music to every rehearsal (indoors and out) beginning Friday, August 2nd. Students are responsible for attaching a string to their folder so that it can hang from their shoulder, as well as attaching a pencil to that string. Flip folders may be purchased before or after rehearsals from a member of our Student Leadership Team setup in the main hallway outside the band hall. Folders are $5, and extra pages are $0.50 each. 10 extra pages is a good place to start, bringing the total to $10.
We can’t wait to see everyone tomorrow! It’s going to be a fantastic season!
Director of Bands
Smithson Valley HS