Dear Parents and Students,
Please find attached an itinerary for this coming Saturday's Yamaha Cup Marching Contest. I regret that you are not receiving this information until today, but the national organization that oversees this contest (USBands) did not lock the schedule until yesterday and our performance time changed (again). The short version is:
• Band Hall unlocked at 7:00am.
• Call time at Ranger Stadium is 8:30am.
• Prelims Performance Time is 2:00pm (Judson Stadium).
• If we advance to finals, they start at 6:00pm and the awards ceremony is
• If we do not advance, we will return to SVHS at approximately 6:00pm.
• Students need a brown bag lunch to eat on the bus.
• We will provide dinner, regardless of whether or not we advance.
• Spectator admission to the prelims is (gulp) $16.00.
• Spectator admission to the finals is $16.00 (yes, they make you purchase a
Weather is coming, that's certain... we just don't know exactly when and how much yet. Right now we are working on plans A through about Y to deal with weather. Please plan on following the normal procedures for this Friday's Game and the attached itinerary for Saturday's Contest. Any changes to those procedures and/or the itinerary for Saturday will be communicated either directly to students or via text message through the Ranger Band REMIND account. It is important that at least one member of each family subscribes to this account... all you have to do is text @rangerba to 81010. If you are unsure as to your status, I send out text alerts each time we leave a contest or game to head back to the school... if you have not been getting these alerts, you are not subscribed.
Finally, I have confirmed a DJ for the Band Homecoming Dance/Halloween Costume Party! We are good to go for 6:00pm to 9:00pm on Saturday, October 31st in the SVHS Cafeteria. There is no charge to attend, nor are students required to dress in costume. Students may bring a date who is not in band, but may not invite more than one non-band student. Costumes should be school appropriate or students may be sent home to change.
Have a great Ranger Day, and stay tuned for weather updates!