Dear Parents & Students,
If you were unable to attend the organizational trip meeting last week, I have attached the handout from the meeting and included some other important details below:
1. Dates, Cost & Registration Information is included on the attached flyer, but the deadline for a deposit is May 1st. Registration AFTER May 1st may be possible, but it is not guaranteed that spots will remain available.
2. Our trip is handled by Educational Travel Adventures, who has built a website specifically for our trip. Registration for the trip, as well as all payments, will be done through that website. Any questions regarding payment may be made to ETA via the phone number on their website… they are super to work with!
3. STUDENT SAFETY IS NUMBER ONE!!
4. The BASIC itinerary (subject to change) is as follows:
5. Instruments and “checked bags” will travel ahead of time on the Ranger Band semi trailer, avoiding potential instrument damage and eliminating checked baggage fees J
6. “You’re Instrumental” Performance Workshop involves sitting down in a recording studio, complete with headphone and “click-track” for each musician, and recording music for various Disney Movie scenes. After each recording, students will have the opportunity to watch the scene, having provided the soundtrack themselves. This is an AMAZING experience!
7. Students will lodge four students per room.
8. Details such as the specific hotel we will be staying at, as well as what airport we will be flying out of (San Antonio, Austin, or Houston) are dependent on the level of participation we have, and will be announced at a later date.
Please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.