News From Your Director
September 18, 2018
Thanks to all the parents who stayed after the game last Friday to watch the band perform! It really looked like we were going to luck out on the rain entirely, until it started coming down during the show! Students, you did an outstanding job of being flexible throughout the evening!
Some things to know for this week:
- Football game (away) vs. Clemens on Friday – 7:30 Kick-Off
- Dress is full Ranger Band Uniform!
- Pre-Game meals will be served right after school for those who purchased them.
- Parents, please plan on picking up your student at 11:15pm following the game.
- If you are parked waiting for your student and you see the band trailer arrive and park on the band pad, we would love your help getting things unloaded once you see the ramps have been lowered. This really helps all our students get home faster, as the buses (containing the student load crew) are typically 15-20 minutes behind the trailer.
- Any changes to the plan due to weather will be communicated via REMIND
- Any absences from after-school band rehearsals or performances should be communicated via a parent’s email to Michael.Childress@Comalisd.org, even if the student was absent from school that day. Thanks!
- Looking ahead at NEXT week:
- Friday 9/28 is Fair Day + Football vs. Canyon (home)!
- Students should plan on spending the entire day with the band
- An itinerary will be published as soon as the Fair Association releases the parade line-up
- Letter Jackets will be presented before the game that night… a specific time will be announced as soon as the Fair Association releases the parade line-up
- Saturday 9/29 is the Seguin Marching Contest!
- Students should plan on spending the entire day with the band (complete itinerary will be posted by the end of theweek)
- The band will perform at 3:30 in the Prelims
- Finals performance times will be announced at 4:30
Have a Great Ranger Day!
Smithson Valley HS